Welcome

Welcome Professor Wocell and Fellow Students to Team Inspire’s Art Appreciation Blog. We hope that you enjoy viewing our blog and getting to know some of the art that we see everyday as much as we enjoyed collecting it.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Lilly Pad Lake by: Maureen Douglas


Photo by: Scott Douglas

This water color was created by my oldest daughter, Maureen, when she was in the first grade. I enjoy this painting and have it displayed in our home. I felt she captures the water movement and placement of the lillie pads just as they would be on a real lake. The flowers and the pads are drawn with crayon and then blue water based paint applied over the entire piece. The water based paint does not stick to the crayon, therefore not covering or drying on those areas. This painting was from her mind's eye, from a child's imagination. Not too often one can capture that moment. My photo does not do it justice and of course I am bias towards it. I will forever enjoy this piece.

No comments: