Welcome

Welcome Professor Wocell and Fellow Students to Team Inspire’s Art Appreciation Blog. We hope that you enjoy viewing our blog and getting to know some of the art that we see everyday as much as we enjoyed collecting it.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"Soda Jerk" by: Norman Rockwell


Photo taken by: Sean Thoman

I have been passing this painting every morning for the past year and a half. It is owned by a woman that I board with and is hung on the in the hallway outside of my room.
The painting is entitled ‘Soda Jerk’ by Norman Rockwell. It appeared on the cover of the August, 22nd edition of the Saturday Evening Post. With further research I found that Rockwell painted over 300 covers for the Saturday Evening Post and that even though he considered himself as an illustrator, many argue that he is one of America’s best painters. Rockwell often painted ordinary people in ordinary situations but also tackled some controversial political issues.

- Sean Thoman

1 comment:

Prof Wocell said...

Hi Team Inspire,
I am thrilled by the amount of work this team has been doing. You have shown through your writing and thoughtful comments that true learning is going on her. I am very happy with your team product and the art and comments you have placed here. You operate like a well oiled machine. Keep up the great work. Of course I voted for the "Water Lilies" piece. How pure and wonderful children's art is.
Nice work on the art that you are seeing. Of all the times my husband and I went to see art in Allentown, we missed the benches.
I will have to tell him about it.
best,
Lynn (Prof Wocell)