Welcome

Welcome Professor Wocell and Fellow Students to Team Inspire’s Art Appreciation Blog. We hope that you enjoy viewing our blog and getting to know some of the art that we see everyday as much as we enjoyed collecting it.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Promenade to the Sea" by: Howard Behrens


Photo taken by:Patrice Rine

Howard Behrens

For the past 25 years Howard Behrens, a world renowned palette knife artist has transformed his empty canvas into what I would call the most beautiful works of art. Behren travels the world and captures the beauty from Italy to France to the U.S. in his artwork. It’s the explosion of color that captivates me. Behren was quoted as saying, “One thing about the pallet knife is that you get great color and you can play with the texture, so it’s color and texture and real genuine paint where you see the act of painting.” I have two Behren’s pieces in my office in Parsippany that I treasure. They calm me and motivate me. His work with color is truly magnificent.

Beyond the Garden Wall (25.5 x 35) Oil on Canvas
Promenade to the Sea (31 x 40) Oil on Canvas

Http://www.howardbehrens.com
Photo taken by: P. Rine

1 comment:

Prof Wocell said...

Team Inspire....
Excellent work! You have really done a terrific job on your virtual site. I especially like the meticulous way you have been with the details of how your team will operate. I am a chart person so this is great. Well laid out and nice photographs of Behrens works.
Keep up the great job team. I can't wait to see your projects.
Lynn